BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    GamesGames   CalendarCalendar   
Calendar
Career?major?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eHmongMusic - Gossips for the Internet Forum Index -> Educational Success
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nkaujhmoob100
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2372 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Ehmong gathering?
Any Horror Movies??
Boredom...
Who's ur favorite...
18 xeem hmoob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Career?major? Reply with quote
wat is ur major or career?..how is it?..any good?..Also any good career out there?

me i dont knwo yet..my major?..humm..i'm not sure anymore i thought i had one but now..tsis puab lawm os..so i was just wondering any of u guys have a interesting career to mind n share with me?..thanz..^_^

Niam Laus/Tig Laug

2672 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Doctors and Lawyers?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Career?major? Reply with quote
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:
wat is ur major or career?..how is it?..any good?..Also any good career out there?

me i dont knwo yet..my major?..humm..i'm not sure anymore i thought i had one but now..tsis puab lawm os..so i was just wondering any of u guys have a interesting career to mind n share with me?..thanz..^_^

what would be interesting is you decide on your future and your career. what do you see yourself doing for the rest of your life? if you can answer this, you have a career, my dear.

enjoy.

heres my #1800-dork-Rus
nkaujhmoob100
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2372 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Ehmong gathering?
Any Horror Movies??
Boredom...
Who's ur favorite...
18 xeem hmoob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Career?major? Reply with quote
tubhmong wrote:
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:

what would be interesting is you decide on your future and your career. what do you see yourself doing for the rest of your life? if you can answer this, you have a career, my dear.

enjoy.

hey dearly es,
tat's the whole problem i is i don't know anymore like i say i thought i had one but now i dotn 'kow anymore..it's just soo hard..i dotn' want to waste time on something tat doesn't interest me but at the same i need a career also bc i dotn' want to waste time in college..hard lus xwb os..

Niam Laus/Tig Laug

2672 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Doctors and Lawyers?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Career?major? Reply with quote
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:
tubhmong wrote:
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:

enjoy.

hey dearly es,
tat's the whole problem i is i don't know anymore like i say i thought i had one but now i dotn 'kow anymore..it's just soo hard..i dotn' want to waste time on something tat doesn't interest me but at the same i need a career also bc i dotn' want to waste time in college..hard lus xwb os..

thats why you narrow your career or major options down to a slim two or three. for better results, consult a career counselor at your college, he or she will be able to help you blueprint your future.

heres my #1800-dork-Rus
nkaujhmoob100
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2372 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Ehmong gathering?
Any Horror Movies??
Boredom...
Who's ur favorite...
18 xeem hmoob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tubhmong..yea i did narrow it down but still doesn't interest me..but maybe i should go talk to a counselor about tat mite help.. Confused

Niam Laus/Tig Laug

2672 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Doctors and Lawyers?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:
tubhmong..yea i did narrow it down but still doesn't interest me..but maybe i should go talk to a counselor about tat mite help.. Confused

LOLS!! youre so silly! youve narrowed it down and still doesnt know what you'd like to major. i dont believe you've chosen the 'right' majors for you, or that best suits you. try again mas.

yes, please consult a career counselor if youre undecided on a few majors or your career paths.

i did and im still a bum..lols..jk.

heres my #1800-dork-Rus
nkaujhmoob100
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2372 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Ehmong gathering?
Any Horror Movies??
Boredom...
Who's ur favorite...
18 xeem hmoob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tubhmong wrote:
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:

LOLS!! youre so silly! youve narrowed it down and still doesnt know what you'd like to major. i dont believe you've chosen the 'right' majors for you, or that best suits you. try again mas.

yes, please consult a career counselor if youre undecided on a few majors or your career paths.

i did and im still a bum..lols..jk.

heheh..i know..but it's hard...think of it..if i dont liek it n finish a degree in it n afterward had a job in it..gosh..the horror..lolz..also ur not a bum..or u can be if u want..hehe

Mog Ab

256 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Not Posted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote
i am currently a legal studies and english major. hopefully i will get into a prominent law school so that means i MUST bust my ass right now and get them a's. i'm hoping to start my certificate in criminal justice, but i'm not sure anymore. i had wanted to do a certificate in asian american studies, too. it's really hard sometimes to narrow down what you want to do! there are so many great majors here! i also love race & ethnicity courses. i wouldn't mind getting a degree in sociology either, but i wouldn't know what to do with it after graduation. maybe go to grad school and do research? no idea! but it's only first semester of my second year. we shall see!

nkaujhmoob100
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2372 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Ehmong gathering?
Any Horror Movies??
Boredom...
Who's ur favorite...
18 xeem hmoob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
zouxi wrote:
i am currently a legal studies and english major. hopefully i will get into a prominent law school so that means i MUST bust my (bad) right now and get them a's. i'm hoping to start my certificate in criminal justice, but i'm not sure anymore. i had wanted to do a certificate in asian american studies, too. it's really hard sometimes to narrow down what you want to do! there are so many great majors here! i also love race & ethnicity courses. i wouldn't mind getting a degree in sociology either, but i wouldn't know what to do with it after graduation. maybe go to grad school and do research? no idea! but it's only first semester of my second year. we shall see!

WOW..thanz for sharing n yes it is hard to narrow it down to wat one want to do..b/c they have to think of how n where to get a job after graduation. BUt wow..GOOD LUCK for u n best of luck..

MeNyuamYau

1172 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Not Posted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
man ya r funny...well me major is education and business management...im think of these 2 major....career.....^^... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sweetgirl
TubHluas/NtxhaisHluas

2299 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Why do most peopl...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Career?major? Reply with quote
nkaujhmoob100 wrote:

My major is child development and I want to become a teacher. From my experience, working with children is pretty fun but I'm still working towards it though. It's difficult but I believe I can make it.
xl_power
Mog Ab

26 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Not Posted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is my 4th year in college, majoring in Health Science.
mega408
MeNyuamYau

4376 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

The day Yahoo! hi...
my battle with in...
Can guys be frien...
step mother
Family borrowing ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I graduated with a degreed in Business Administration with the concentration in MIS (Management Information Systems) 5 years ago. I'm currently a unix systems administrator. I chose Business because it was the easiest major and business is such a big category that you can span into many different fields. i.e. accountning, HR, management, marketing, sales and so on....

Good Luck!
rotor_kid
Mog Ab

566 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

Not Posted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Career Help Reply with quote
Well I'm just about to be done with high shool and want to see what kind of career are out there and hopefully it might suits me.. First i was actually think about going into the automotive field but now i really thinking about try to be a Doctor of some sort after watch Drama movie that has to do with hospital. Im think about something like X-ray tech or Internal Medicine or something like that, but I'm still open to what is out there in the real world. I could go into welding and made big bucks after being certified with just 1 year of college but i dont think that is right for me. Welding is easy for my but just don't think i will like it.

Whats your Career.
oathkeeper
Ehmong CEO

35365 CB Points
Quiz Points
G Points

[Admin] I'm Saili...
[Admin] Make the ...
Updating the Mode...
Guess which membe...
Song of the Moment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've also been wondering about what my career should be. I've been thinking of getting a master degree in mathematics, but who would hire a mathematician? I don't think there is any job for being good at math. Lately, I have been also thinking of switching to a biochemistry major to become a pediatrician even though it wold take me years to become one since it usually take the average doctor 8 or more years including the Internship, Residency and Fellowship that they must do. Man...its so stressful for some like me right now but I've only complete my first semester in college (its not like I spent years, pursuing what I want but quiting in the end) so I think I still have some time to think about what I want to become, right? Maybe I really should have done what others have told me to do while I was still in high school; that I should decide which career I want before going to college.

I would also like to know what career other Hmongs are trying to achieve. If you have a good career then tell us about it. Very Happy

Last edited by oathkeeper on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eHmongMusic - Gossips for the Internet Forum Index -> Educational Success All times are
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: